Thursday, February 19, 2009

Answering the Questions ...

Last night I continued with answering the questions the youth submitted a few weeks ago. It was the second half of "Why Believe In God?" It was interesting and I could see a few light bulbs go on as we discussed things. Our attendance was down because of 3 seperate events at school. It was obvious some of them had actually thought about our discussion before they arrived. I wish I could get the adults to do that once in while. (oops, did I really type that?)

The questions they have selected are not easy to answer and are requiring quite a bit of research on my part. I am learning a lot whether they are or not.

One quote I used was from Augustine, "If there is no God, why is there so much good? If there is a God, why is there so much evil?"

When it comes to pain and suffering one of the greatest needs people have is to have someone with them through the pain. To have someone who will listen and acknowledge the pain. If that someone who listens also understands pain then all the better. When you think about it, that is what God did in sending his son Jesus Christ into the world. Through his ministry, his death and resurrection he certainly understands pain and suffering.

Look for someone who is in pain and be that person for them. It will make a world of difference for them and in you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home