Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Valentine ...

Happy Valentine's Day to my beautiful wife, Jody. This is our 35th Valentine's Day. This August we will celebrate our 34th Wedding Anniversary. I am more in love with her today than I was 35 years ago and more than I was on our wedding day. She has definitely gotten better with age. I hope I have as well. Oh, it is true that some things may not be as good, we go to sleep earlier than we used, we don't do all night road trips anymore, but the total package is better.

Our experiences together are part of why it is better today than ever. What we have endured, what we have conquered and what we have forgiven makes it much better. Now we have so many cherished memories as well much to look forward too. In the beginning all we had the looking forward. I much prefer the combination of memories and hope for the future.

She has been, and still is, an incredible wife, mother and grandmother (I believe this one is her favorite). She also has been, and continues to be, an amazing ministry partner, I could not have done what I have done without her.

She still brings a smile to face and makes me feel all tingly when she is near. (Is tingly a word?) She still laughs at my jokes. She looks at me like I am special.

I have no idea what the future holds, but I do know who I want to hold as I face the future.

Thanks Jody, I love you!

1 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you too honey. You are amazing in my book. Happy Valentines day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home