Monday, February 02, 2009

Monday Morning Musings ...

I am having some trouble concentrating on yesterday since we have 200 or 300 elementary children in our building. Their school is without water so we opened up our building for them to use. I am glad to be able to do this and love working with the community and school. It does mess with my plans for the day, but hey if you aren't flexible you will explode as a pastor.

Yesterday was another very good day. We had a good time of sharing and discussion in Sunday School. Our time of singing was really good in worship. We even had people clapping on one song. That is a big deal for us. There was a great spirit throughout the service. Our prayer time was very moving. My son-in-law really ministered during his special in song. The message went well and seemed to have people very engaged. I finished the sermon with a music video by Casting Crowns and their song entitled "Slow Fade". It fit perfectly. The message was on thinking on the right things from Philippians 4:8. There were many people who indicated they needed prayer and help with thinking on the right things. Part of the message addressed our need to monitor our reading, listening, watching and fantasies in order to think on the right things.

Our attendace was decent, especially given the drifting that took place on all of the roads outside of town.

Last evening we encouraged people gather in groups during the Super Bowl and have a great time of fellowship. We usually host a group, last night we went to someone else's home with 25-30 people and had a good time. The food was good, there were games being played, children having a good time and the game was very good. I was rooting for the Cardinals though I expected the Steelers to win. What a finish!

Well I better go see what is needed by our guests. Here's hoping you get the chance to help someone out this week.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger kris said...

That is a lot of footsteps over your head-good luck!

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Tim Morris said...

Nice to see one of us can spell bowl.
I spelled it bowel in my blog. I have an excuse besides, the obvious one, but I digress.
I like to hear when you feel people are "engaged" with the sermon or service in general. I think that's what new people want and existing people can take for granted.
I would love to be in a service at your church sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home