Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday Morning Musings ...

God is good all the time, all the time God is good. That would be an apt description of yesterday. It was certainly not a perfect day, but it was a good day. Our time of singing during worship went well and the there was a great spirit during that time. One of the songs we sang is entitled "Breathe" it makes reference to God literally being my life breath that "I'm desperate for you". I really want to live in such a way that I am seeking God with the same passion and life-giving desire I do with wanting to make sure I get my next breath. How different would you live if this were true in your life?

I loved the song that one of our men sang as a special. It was so upbeat and challenging at the same time. I also love whenever he sings because he ministers and sings with a genuine passsion and great humility.

Our attendance was good given the weather we had over the weekend and it is now obvious that 3 families who have been attending some are now solidly a part of our church. That is awesome. It also points out how often several other "regulars" are absent.

The message went well and seemed to really connect with many people. I made a call for a public commitment at the conclusion of the message. There was no response. I always struggle when that happens. I battle between what I know to be true that it is not a judgement on my ability, but it is a struggle not to think that I didn something wrong. Don't feel sorry for me, I am just admitting what most pastors feel in that situation.

I got a call at home just as I fell asleep for a nap. It was a person looking for some help and I confess that my first thought was "you have got to be kidding me, I am at home, I just fell asleep ..." But I then had this reminder of a part of my sermon about "a willing spirit". Don't you hate it when that happens? I met with the person this morning and we are helping them (so don't send any hate mail).

The evening did not go as well as the week before but it was still a very good time of sharing.

Here's hoping that you are open to helping someone in need this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home