Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year ...

Here it is 2009 and the first post of this new year. It is about 10:00 am. I just finished a fine breakfast of eggs and toast that my wife prepared and I am still drinking coffee. If you know me at all you know that the coffee thing will go on for the whole day nearly every day.

We went to the home of a family in the church to play games, eat and talk last night with many people from our church and other places. It was a good time. I was king in scum (that is a card game for the uninitiated), won at euchre and got crushed in Wii Mario Kart racing. I also had some great conversations.

When the acutal time for the new year to roll in arrived the wife and I were sitting on the couch in our family room and shared a brief, but still electrifying, kiss. I generally don't wimp out of the New Year's Eve party early, but this cold that hasn't let go in 3 weeks is still messing with me and now my wife is struggling with her own. Or maybe it is a variation of mine, but you never know she could have gotten it all by herself she is very resourceful.

I am looking forward to a fairly lazy day. Some reading, a nap or two, some football watching, and probably some study for Sunday's sermon.

Here's to a new year, it will be what we make of it.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Make sure you watch my Huskers in the Gator Bowl at 1pm!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home