Friday, September 21, 2007

Still working on it...

I am still working on the idea of a theology of conflict as I mentioned a few days ago. But a couple of things that are becoming clear to me. One, avoiding it doesn't make it magically disappear. Two, sometimes you need to display patience when working through conflict, that is not the same as avoiding it but rather making sure the time is right for working out the conflict not just exposing it. Three, follow up is vital, there must be a sequel meeting after the initial meeting to clear up any lingering misunderstandings. Of course those involved must be willing to meet and talk, without that cooperation the conflict might not boil over, but it certainly is not solved.

More as I continue to work this out for myself. Any thoughts?

By the way, my volleyball team won our most recent match in 2 straight games. We are getting better, but still have a long ways to go. Tomorrow we play in a 12 team invitational and have a difficult draw in the pool of teams we were assigned. I have 3 players with aching backs and another one with an injured finger that is really creating problems. So, tomorrow I guess we will really find out how far we have come as a team, and maybe something about the coach as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home