Monday, September 03, 2007

Monday's Musings...

Today was a holiday, thus the later than usual musings on Monday. My son, daughter-in-law and 4 of my grandkids were here for most of the day. In fact they were here for the whole weekend, it was great.

Yesterday our wonderful summer of Sundays had a rough ending. The atmosphere was than exciting, that may have had something to do with the fact that it was our lowest attendance Sunday of the year. A lot of things are more difficult when you have so many regular people missing. It was a good thing that 7 of my family were visiting. There were some good things that came out of Sunday. We began a month of having our children in worship with the youth and adults instead of their own service. I am trying to have a brief children's sermon as a lead in to my message. The series of sermons for the month is entitled "Bible Stories Retold". I am trying to do some basic teaching and give a fresh perspective to some familiar Bible stories.

In the evening we had no service, but instead asked our people to "Barbecue their Neighbors". It was an attempt to get people to get together with their unchurched neighbors or at least have some good fellowship with family or others from the church. We tried to do all 3 ourselves, but we only made 2 out or 3. We had family visiting, we had 3 other families from the church over but the neighbors were unable to attend this time. We had a very good time of eating, talking and even playing some games. We had 13 kids and they all got along very well. It was a refreshing evening.

I am trying to take a few days of vacation this week, but we are taking it at home. I have rarely done that, and have not had good luck trying it in the past. So here's hoping the wife and I can have some good times together this week without me having to do too much church business. Here's hoping you find some time to enjoy something that is special to you this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home