Saturday, September 08, 2007

Ouch!!!

Have you ever had something happen that made you say "ouch!"? I had a couple of those this week. The first, actually began last week, I don't know what happened but my right knee began to hurt and then swell. Then my knee began to really hurt and swell even more. The other "ouch" moment was last evening, when my volleyball team played it's worst match of the year and lost in 2 straight games. That hurt a lot as well.

We all have moments that cause us to say "ouch". The question is what do you do about them? How do you handle your "ouch" moments? Whether they are physical, emotional, relational or with your team?

As for my knee, I began using ice, wearing a brace and seeing a doctor. I kept doing my normal stuff refusing to allow it cripple my life. Oh, I was limping and somewhat limited in my movements, but I kept doing my regular things. Eventually the treatments began to help and this morning the knee feels better than it has in over a week. It is not healed, and it hurts a little, but I am enouraged about the progress. As for my team we won't know until we practice on Monday and especially when we play again.

How about you? How are you doing with the "ouches" in your life? Are you seeking help or counsel from someone who can help? Are you continuing to move ahead, not ignoring the hurt, but still moving anyway? Are you taking steps to help correct the hurt? Have you even admitted that it hurt? One of the first things I had to do was say "ouch". That is not always easy, but it is necessary.

I know how my knee is doing and I am continuing to follow the treatment plan. I plan on helping my team overcome the hurt of the last match and take steps to correct what caused the hurt. How about you? What are you going to do? Admit it? Seek counsel? Take steps to heal and correct the hurt?

Here's hoping your hurt makes the kind of progress my knee is making. Here's hoping my team does the same. Remember, the choice is yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home