Monday, May 05, 2008

Monday Morning Musings ...

The weather this Monday morning is very nice, sunny and much warmer than last week. We enjoyed a good day yesterday. There was a very spirit in all of our services. Our time of music in worship was very uplifting, I believe our people were encouraged by returning to our own leaders and style after our Revival services. We had some families return who had been gone for a few Sundays. There was a very good spirit of fellowship before and after each of the services. The attendance was very good.

Our time in my Sunday School class went well, with some great discussion about really reaching our community. About our fears and difficulties and the great needs that area all around us. I was encouraged by the honesty and depth of some comments.

Our time on Sunday evening was another great time. Again we sang with great feeling and shared well with one another. Our attendance was surprisingly good.

This week I will need to be spending much time in study and preparation for a new series of messages. Starting next Sunday I will be preaching a series entitled "Yes You Can ... Have Healthy Relationships". This 6 week series, from Mother's Day through Father's Day, will wrestle with areas of forgiveness, compassion, encouragement, leadership, perseverance and more. In addition for the middle 4 Sundays people will have the opportunity to be in a small group on Sunday afternoon or evening that deals with how to put these principles into practice in their current relationships. I am excited about this and fearful as I prepare.

Here's hoping you have a great week and that you realize that God loves you passionately.

1 Comments:

At 3:24 AM, Blogger Tim Morris said...

One of the things I really enjoyed about you as pastor was your ability to communicate. When Cindy and I did the concert for our friends, You were able to summarize the evening and open an opportunity for others to come to Christ. As I recall, some did.
Your love for those outside the church is an inspiration that I hope the rest of your congregation catches on to.
I have to say I did enjoy church while you were there.
As you start the next 6 week series I am sure it will be good because for some reason God really likes using you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home