Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What's Your Sign?

No, I am not asking what your astrological sign is, but rather what is your obvious yet unwritten sign? What would people who encounter hang around your neck to warn others? If people who deal with you were allowed to place a sign on you to help others recognize how you act or live, or maybe what your mood is lately, what would that sign say?

That thought hit me because my wife has asked at least a couple of times in the past few days a question as if I had a sign around my neck. You see her question made me wonder "why is she asking me that?". I realized that I might as well have been wearing a sign, because evidently it was rather obvious.

So what is your sign? What would others have labeled you according to their encounters with you recently?

My sign? Are you wondering what my sign has been recently? I might tell you, later, think about your sign. If you are courageous enough to let others know leave me a comment, if not just think about it. If you are not sure what your sign has been recently, ask those who spend the most time with you.

3 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Rob said...

I think my sign would read like this:

"Thinks he has it all together, but sorely mistaken"

or

"Hypocrite on Board"

If you're looking for a good funny illustration for this, comedian Bill Engvall has a great bit called "Here's Your Sign" about dumb things people say....

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Tim Morris said...

I think people expect me to have a sign that says,Do not disturb or
Violent if shaken.
For some reason I tend to portray a rather rough facade
I need a sign that says crusty on the outside, tender on the inside.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think I have a lot of signs to wear. One that I am willing to share would be "Low self-esteem, just wants everyone to like them". I will never forget the day when Curt told me, "Not everyone is going to like you, so quit trying." It hit me like a ton of bricks. Changed my thinking and my life. Still an everyday battle for me though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home