Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Hail to the Victor

Well it is over, the NCAA men's basketball tournament, and the champion has been crowned. Actually, two champions Kansas and my youngest child K2 (Kindra). That's right, K2 won our family's annual NCAA brackett challenge. She won it by a whopping margin of 1 point over yours truly and 3 points over her 7 year old nephew. In fact had Mario Chalmers missed that desperation 3 pointer with 2.1 seconds to go crushing Memphis' dreams then my 7 year old grandson would have won the challenge. But this is about the victor, K2 no matter how close her victory.

That's right my amazing daughter beat us all this year. This is a big deal because she has been trying to do this since she was her nephew's age. But back to the winner. She won it with her picks up until the Final Four. It was obvious that my 7 year old grandson was the only one who pass her because he was the only one who had picked Memphis to win it all and he had Kansas as the other team. But this is about the victor, K2.

You see every year we have some kind of prize for the winner of our challenge. Most year's it was that the winner got to choose where we would all go out to eat. Of course that usually cost me a lot of money whether I won or not. But this year my wife came up with the idea that all of us write a tribute to the winner on our blogs or facebook pages, since we all have one of those with the exception of my two grandsons, ages 10 and 7,who partcipated. This is also made more sense because K2, hubby and son moved to Arizona just before the tournament started, thus making a meal together very difficult.

K2 is an avid sports fan, much to the delight of my son-in-law. She has been since her big brother introduced her to the joys of the old WWF and Wrestlemania. She and her sister, K1 (see how that works) would call each other during football season and analyze the lastest Colts game.

K2 is a great mom and about to really understand the adventure since her son, (my youngest grandchild) just turned 1 and beginning to explore the world in an upright position (as opposed to only crawling in case you weren't quick enough to follow that one). She is active in her church and loves the Lord, which means the most to me. She is now a pastor's wife, which never really imagined, but my wife and I kept telling her was a distinct possibility.

So here's to the Victor, K2 this year you are unequaled (by only 1 and 3 points) in our family at picking the NCAA men's tournament. The day is yours enjoy a special drink from Starbucks today.

2 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger Kindra said...

Ummm......how old you must be getting dear old dad because it's not true to say that I've been trying to win since I was 7! I won last year as well. Let's not forget that....I mean that makes this years win that much more AMAZING.....a two-peat baby. Holla!!!!

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Kindra said...

Tsk tsk tsk.....I'm so disappointed that you have so easily forgotten that I HAVE beaten the family before. You say I've been trying since I was a kid but actually....I won last year as well! Come on dad, you can't forget my repeat victory. And you better start putting it in your mind now to congratulate me on my 3-peat next year :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home