Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday Morning Musings

As I posted last night, Easter Sunday was a very good day. I had been sick last week and was getting worse each day, with Saturday night being the worst. Sunday morning I was not feeling great when I got to church, but I didn't get any worse and the Lord really helped me during the service. I don't think I coughed once while I was preaching. Thanks to all those who were praying for me.

There was a very good spirit in the service, which is sometimes difficult when there are so many visitors. My wife was pinch-hitting for our regular worship leader and we were without our lead guitarist. It seemed that any obstacle that could come up did last week. Then people were late arriving to practice Sunday morning, but God came in and did his thing. The timing of everything in the service was nearly perfect which is remarkable given how many different elements took place in the service. The drama that took place just before the message went over really well and set the stage for the sermon.

There were several who made decisions at the conclusion of the message and that makes all the work worth it. Our attendance was the biggest surprise of all. With illnesses and travel I knew of many regular attenders who would not be here and yet we had 20 more than Easter a year ago. I am thrilled and humbled by that number.

He is risen, He is risen indeed!

1 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Tim Morris said...

I always wondered what happened to you.
Nice to see you still are serving in ministry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home