Friday, May 09, 2008

Celebrate Life

The youth from our churches, and churches of our denomination from 4 states, are gathered at our regional college for a 3 day event called "Celebrate Life". It is a time inspiration, challenge, competition, fun and displaying talent. There are art shows, music auditions, worship, concerts, team sports competition and many individual sports contests and much fun. My wife and oldest daughter are there helping judge the music auditions. It is a really fun event for the youth, maybe not so fun for the youth workers and judges, but a great annual event.

I love the name "Celebrate Life". I was thinking this morning (insert your own joke here about how difficult that must of been) about the name. It is great to have such a fun and uplifting event and the name is appropriate. But I was wondering, what if all of us decided to celebrate life regularly. Not with events and competition, but just the fact that we have life and should enjoy it.

Here's to celebrating life where you are and to encouraging someone else to recognize that life is to be celebrated. Why not lead the way? I think I will now go celebrate life and eat something that I really enjoy, in fact I might really celebrate and eat a lot of something I really enjoy.

1 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Tim Morris said...

Kind of goes with this blog by John Fisher. http://www.fischtank.com/ft/inthetank.cfm

Thursday, May, 08, 2008
by John Fischer

Sometimes I act as if I'm just muddling through life. I'm lucky if I make it through a day. People ask me how I'm doing and I hear myself say -- even to fellow Christians -- "Oh, I'm hanging in there, just barely."...For the rest click on provided link

 

Post a Comment

<< Home