Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday Morning Musings...

Mondays seem to roll around every 7 days or so. I always have trouble getting rolling on Monday mornings, after a long day on Sunday with a lot of emotional energy spent I guess that is understandable. But Mondays are always interesting. This morning the phone rang a bunch in the first hour I was here. Not a good thing, because I am not sure I trust everything I am going to say right out of the box on Mondays. Maybe there should be a rule that says pastors are not responsible for things they say, or type, on Mondays until after noon.

Okay enough whining, you don't really care anyway, but I feel better having typed the whine.

Yesterday was a surpringly good day. Surprising because I knew ahead of time that a lot of people were going to be gone. Anytime I hear from several people ahead of time that they will be gone I get really nervous because I figure that for every family that tells me they will be gone there are 2 more that don't tell me. Then it had been a very busy week with many interruptions and annual reports for the church due, and that means reminding people to get them in, reminding them they are late and then compiling them and running them for the congregation. Not something I enjoy, just ask anyone who knows me, on second thought just take my word for it. So with all those things, I have to be honest I was not as excited as I should have been. But God took over anyway. He change my heart and mindset early Sunday morning. He brought a great spirit during our time of singing. Our attendance was only 8 less than the week before with many regulars gone. People were very receptive and responsive. Sunday evening was a time for our ministry department coordinators to share about the past church year and share about their vision for this church year. The coordinators did a fabulous job of sharing, the people were very receptive and the spirit was really evident. The attendance was bad, but God really moved. Then as the service ended one of my congregants ( I don't even know if I am using that word correctly, but sure sounds impressive.) did something that was one of the most encouraging things I have personally experienced in a long time.

Easter is now less than two weeks away. I am hopeful that we will really reach out and touch a lot of people, unchurched people, this Easter even though it falls during our schools spring break. I love Easter.

Here's hoping that you are excited about Easter and are inviting a lot of people to join you in worship on that awesome day.

(Did I mention that I am in first place in both NCAA brackets that I entered? Don't worry I am still humble.)

2 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger kris said...

Dad-that is like a cliff hanger. What did your 'congregant'do?

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger nic said...

yes, I'm wondering the same thing...is this a "stay tuned for next week's post" kind of thing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home