Friday, March 02, 2007

I can't wait ...

Tomorow morning my wife and I are heading south to watch two of our grandsons play basketball. They play in a wonderful program called Upwards. It is a great program and ministry to elementary boys and girls. Everyone gets to play a lot, the idea is to instruct about basketball, life and about Jesus. The kids practice once a week and have a devotional at the practice. The games are meant to instruct as well as give the kids competition. Each kid gets a great uniform, each week they all get introduced over the sound system with music playing and run through a star to the cheers of the crowd. It is all very cool. We have a two and a half hour to three hour drive each way, but it will be worth it. We have one in the kindergarten league and one in the third and fourth grade league.

The other part of our equation on what I can't wait for is that our fifth grandchild is due on Monday. My wife has her suitcase all packed and ready to go, in fact we will take it with us tomorrow. You see, the basketball games we are traveling to are only about forty minutes from our daughter and son-in-law and the soon to be fifth grandchild. The ideal for us would be for our daughter to go into labor as the games finish. But my experience has taught me that babies rarely arrive when it is most convenient. No matter when the kid decides to arrive, I can't wait. I am guessing my daughter feels that way as well, likely with even stronger feelings than me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home