Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Unbelievable ...

Now remember what week this is, Valentine's Day is tomorrow. I called a florist in the area yesterday to order some flowers, these are actually for something at church, I had already ordered some for wife the week before. (How good am I?) I called the florist and got a recording saying the shop was not open, I thought I am surprised, but they must be closed on Mondays. Just before I hung up I heard the rest of the message which said, "we are closed all week, on vacation, be back on Feb. 19". Are you kidding me? A florist closed the entire week of Valentine's? I still can't quite believe it.

I tried to think of an analogy of some kind, came up with this, that would be like me, a pastor, deciding to take a few days off Easter week and Easter Sunday. What do you think would happen? If I still had a position at my church when I returned there would certainly be some consequences awaiting me. So another florist got the business. I sure hope that is one whale of a vacation.

We are having a true winter storm today. They are predicting anywhere from 3-12 inches in the next 24 hours. All schools are closed today and I am guessing they will be tomorrow as well. The weather people on TV are smiling from ear to ear, they finally have some real weather to report. Of course that means you can't turn on the TV without seeing the warnings and having the program interrupted with an update.

Here's hoping you remembered that tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Let someone know that they are appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home