Saturday, February 24, 2007

Is it just me?

Is it just me or does anybody else get ticked, I mean irritated, when attending a seminar and someone in the audience tries to teach the material in addition to the presenter? I was fortunate at my conference in KC, none of the workshops I attended had this problem however, today was different. Today was a unified training day with the 3 districts we have in our state. My first two workshops went fine, nothing to make me jump up and down (don't laugh I do that periodically) but they were good, the third one however was not like the first two. To start the presenter didn't really want to be doing the workshop, secondly he was lingering on his points way too long and then it happened. Someone made a comment, someone else followed that up with a story of their own and before you knew it twenty minutes later the attendees were attempting to teach, but couldn't agree on what they were teaching. The presenter didn't help it, instead of cutting it off with an answer and moving on he mistakenly thought they were trying to dialog, when in fact they were trying to be the presenter.

I responded to one such person after a while and then realized I was not helping so I just shut up! Trust me that was not easy to do given the direction the discussion was taking. When the presenter finally moved the discussion on were 50 minutes into a 60 minute session and had completed 3 of his 15 items. So let me ask again is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble with this type of thing?

The day had some good points, my first two workshops, one other person from my church learned much from all three workshops he attended. The four of us who went had some nice discussions on the way home and I expect to see some positive results from the day.

Gotta finish getting ready for tomorrow. Here's hoping you have a great day on Sunday. (They are calling for some nasty weather tomorrow, I am praying that it at least delays.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home