Wednesday, March 14, 2007

She's Coming Home!!!

That's right, my wife is on her way home. She has been helping our daughter, son-in-law with the new grandson for the past week. I can't wait for her to get back. We will only be able to say hi, have a hug and a quick kiss before everything starts tonight, but I still can't wait. What a lousy night for a church board meeting, that stinks!

I am so glad she was able to be there and help out, and to hold the baby a lot. I have seen her twice while she was gone, on the day our grandson was born I was there and she drove over to my uncle's funeral, but I have really missed her.

What have I missed? I missed her support on Sunday. I have missed our conversations everyday, a few minutes on the phone doesn't cut it. I missed her touch, a kiss, a hug, holding hands, and ... I missed her laugh. I missed being able to have lunch with her. I even missed fussing over what we would watch on TV and who has control of the remote. I missed knowing that she was nearby. After more than 31 years of marriage I always miss her when we are not together. That doesn't mean that I don't think we should have times when we are apart, but I always miss her.

Just in case you were wondering, the dishes are done, the house is picked up, the bed is made and I don't have stuff lying all over the house. In fairness I must confess that we need to make a grocery store run soon.

Here's hoping you have someone who is looking forward to you coming home. Remember that Jesus Christ loves you and will welcome you with open arms if you will just accept his love and forgiveness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home