Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Memories ...

My buddy Rob has been posting some of his top ten favorite Christmas memories, so I thought I would join the fun. I don't know how many I will post, but let's just dive in and see what happens.

I remember my Mom playing Christmas music for weeks on the old record player. For my grandkids that is something really old, before 8 tracks, cassettes and CDs. In fact the records looked like giant CDs. My favorite was a rendition of "The Little Drummer Boy". I think I wore at least one of those out and Mom had to get a new one.

I remember one special Christmas while we were living in Auburn, IN. We normally all went to my Grandparents farm in Central Indiana each year (more on that in later post), but this one year everyone came to our house. That was quite a big deal because my two uncles were farmers and had to come about 3 hours from their farms. My uncle Harold was still a dairy farmer at that time, so it was a big sacrifice for him and his family in particular. We had people sleeping everywhere, beds, sofas, cots and the floor. As a kid this was an awesome adventure. We got a lot of snow that Christmas. It was wonderful, a lot of noise, a lot of laughter, a lot of pranks, a lot of eating, a lot of laughter, a lot of smiles, a lot of stories (some were greatly exaggerated, which just made them more fun) and, did I mention the laughter? A special memory, I can still picutre that house with people sleeping everywhere. I am smiling as I type this post.

What are your favorite Christmas memories? Share them with your family or friends this Christmas and make some new ones as well.

2 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger kris said...

pranks-that is something that we don't do-I will officially start that this year!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger kris said...

pranks-that is something that we don't do-I will officially start that this year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home