Monday, November 27, 2006

Monday Morning Musings ...

Another Monday morning, so it must be time for some musings from the weekend. Yesterday was a good day. Great spirit in both the morning and evening services. We used 10 of our children as a part of our worship leadership team yesterday morning. They did wonderful and their spirit and energy really added to the service. Several adults commented about how it encouraged them. We are really trying to instill the idea of ministry and leadership at an early age with our children. Our children's leaders are doing a wonderful job or working with the children. One of the things I love when our children are up front is that there are 2 or 3 of the girls who just can't stop smiling. How cool is that? It makes me smile and I am sure there are others who are smiling because of those girls. I wonder why we adults don't just smile more when we worship?

I was encouraged because my wife was back, if you remember she was helping with our grandkids last Sunday. I missed her, I loved that she could help with the grandkids, but I loved having her back.

Our Sunday morning attendance was much higher than I expected for a holiday weekend, in fact it was above the week before. Sunday evening we had a Thanksgiving Communion Service. Again the spirit was great. Two of our Jr. High girls helped lead worship and I know that added to the spirit and energy. One of the girls sang a special and it was good. It was good in it's quality, but more importantly it was good because of her spirit that came shining through. The time of communion seemed to have a special meaning to it, and I know that some individuals were really processing the true meaning of communion. It was an encouraging day for me in many ways.

I am leaving in the morning to go visit my Dad so I may not be able to post for a couple of days. Until I am back keep focusing on what really matters and remember that "God is still God" no matter what you are facing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home