Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday Musings ...

It isn't Monday morning, but I have some musings anyway. I didn't have time this morning, due to a hospital run and then another hosptial run this afternoon. Yesterday was a very good day. We had some decisions for Christ!!!!! That is what it is all about. That alone made it a very good day. But there was even more. The morning service had a great energy and spirit all the way through. The music was great, we had a good drama, the kids did a fantastic job with their sticks presentation, and I didn't screw it up when it was my turn. We had a very good attendance with many visitors, at least 40 visitors. The evening was huge in attendance and a good spirit again.

Reflecting on the day. I am so proud of my congregation for praying and inviting so many people. For the way they welcomed the visitors and that so many of them were on time, in fact were early for a change. I am excited for the seeds that were planted with many of the visitors. I am looking forward to building relationships with some of the visitors. I am excited for our church, because as I posted recently, I really believe God is up to something special in our church and community.

We are now full blown into the holiday services planning mode. That is always a hectic and exciting time of the year. I am excited to see what is going to happen this holiday season.

One other note from yesterday, it was my one year anniversary as the pastor of this congregation. First Sundays are always special, but I will take yesterday over a year ago anytime.

I saw while reading Rob's post that we weren't the only place where God was doing great stuff yesteday. I will quote Rob about his Sunday and say "Yea God!!!!".

2 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Yea God!!!! I'm so pleased to hear about what God's doing at your church!! Keep swingin', my friend....and He'll keep them going out of the park, won't He? Still prayin' for ya every day...

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger kris said...

Whoo hoo for 'Friend's Day'. Remember in Sturgis when we did it and had everyone come in their work clothes and whatsherface came in a McDonalds uniform; the sancutary smelled good. That was a great crowd!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home