Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thankfully tagged ...

I am responding the tag from Rob's post to tell things for which I am thankful. Listing things we are thankful for is dangerous because we will likely leave out something big, with that in mind here goes.

I am thankful for...

*God's grace, forgiveness, salvation and love. I don't deserve it but am so thankful for it.

*My wife. She is my best friend and I love her more than any words can express. She has endured me for over 31 years. Wow, that is a long time.

*My family, my children, my daughter-in-law and son-in-law, my grandkids, they are so awesome and I am so proud of them.

*My upbringing. I am so fortunate to have had the godly parents I had. Dad and Mom were great examples of godly people, godly parents and of a godly marriage. I learned so much from them.

*Sports. I am a sports nut, but I am thankful because I am not sure what would have happened to me without being able to play so many sports. I learned great lessons from many coaches, some great ones, and some not so great, but I learned a lot of valuable lessons playing sports.

*My youth sponsors. Those people who gave so much time, energy and I am sure their own money, to work with me and my friends while we were teens. I remember them and thank them for their efforts, their love and their examples. I don't really remember many of the official lessons, but I remember many of the times together and that they cared.

*The church. As a pastor's kid and now as a pastor, I am so grateful to the church. The church is the only organization that is really equipped to care for people from the cradle to the grave.

*Cherry pie, chocolate chip cookies and anything off of the grill. I guess I could just say food, but there are some things that I don't think God really intended for us to enjoy. For example liver, no matter how it is cooked, and coconut.

*Friends.

*Laughter. What would life be without laughter? Boring, depressing, and any other negative image you care to insert here. I love to laugh and make others laugh. The family is coming for Thanksgiving so I will get a good fill of laughter this week.

*The internet. Hey without it how could I share these amazing posts with you? How could we keep up with cats that deliver puppies and so much more?

There you go, now you have been tagged. What are you thankful for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home