Sunday, November 23, 2008

Interruptions ...

What do you think of interruptions? I am one of those people who is schizophrenic when it comes to interruptions. You see I am often looking for something else. If I am reading one book I have a tendency to interrupt that by beginning another one that looks interesting. If I am studying I too often look for an interruption. But I don't always like interruptions. If I have just started to eat I don't like to have to stop eating because of an interruption (but it happens a lot to me). If I have planned some get away time I don't like to be interrupted.


But I am realizing that some of the best opportunities come disguised as interruptions. Also, it seems that we too often are not willing to minister to those in need around us because we don't want our schedules, or plans, interrupted.


I recently read a statement about giving that said something like, "It isn't real sacrificial giving unless it interrupts our plans". How do you do with interruptions? How about when it is God doing the interrupting?

My prayer lately is for God to interrupt my plans with His plans. For God to interrupt me when I am too focused on me to notice the needs of others around me. For God to interrupt me when I don't want to be bothered with anything but what I have planned.

Here's hoping you have some great interruptions this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home