Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Search

We are still in the search mode for our Associate Pastor position. I had another person come in for a visit and interview yesterday and today. This went very well and I was duly impressed.

Now we pray, wait and see what happens next. I am waiting to see if he is interested in continuing the process. He got the full picture as he was here for a midweek youth meeting. We had a good number present. I gave them the opportunity to ask him any questions. It was interesting to say the least. He handled himself very well under difficult circumstances.

We had some lengthy conversations, I showed him around the town (that wasn't lengthy) and we shared a couple of meals together. There was a question and answer time with the church board. I imagine he had a lot to process as he made his way home.

We had someone else in for a visit and interview a couple of weeks ago. So I am pushing forward to try and find the right person. I would like to have the position filled yesterday, but I want the right person and am willing to wait. However, it has been 4 and a half months since our previous person left, so I am ready.

Your prayers for this matter are much appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home