Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's Here ...

It has arrived and is no longer a secret. It is snow. We have had some snow in the last week or so, but yesterday afternoon it snowed hard for a while. It snowed enough that it covered the ground. The temperature hasn't gotten above the 30's for about 3 or 4 days. Today was gorgeous, with a lot of sunshine and this morning the sun was glistening off of the snow.

I am not really ready for full blown winter yet, but the snow was some good looking stuff. It means basketball is getting into full swing. It means that scraping windows is not far away. It means that I can break out the sweaters and I love sweaters. It means my wife and I get to "discuss" the setting on the thermostat at home. (Of course we all know that she will win the discussions on temperature.) It means that hot chocolate and hot cider will taste so good.

Like it or not here winter comes.

1 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Tim Morris said...

I was sitting in a deer blind Monday morning when the snow came so hard I couldn't see across the field. I felt isolated from everyone and everything and it was wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home