Sunday, September 14, 2008

Far From It ...

I will be preaching this morning about us, the church, being the body of Christ. To be real honest I am not feeling a lot like the body of Christ. I am not sure what it is, but I know that I need to be reminded of this truth today. That is one of the toughest parts of preaching is that in the preparation you are confronted with the message several times before you ever share it with others. Then again, maybe that is one of the best parts of preaching. All I know at this moment, 25 minutes before I go teach my Sunday School class followed by our worship service, is that I want to be the body of Christ to my family, my community and world, but I feel like I am falling far short of it currently. Do you ever feel that way?

1 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Tim Morris said...

I am defiantly not a part of the body of Christ like I once felt. I always related that to involvement in church.
Yet I feel much more like an apostle and a part of the kingdom than I ever have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home