Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Overwhelmed ...?

Recently the best word I can come up with to describe myself is overwhelmed. I don't like this sense of being overwhelmed. Don't panic, I will survive. This time of year seems to always hold some moments of feeling overwhelmed for me. Whether back to my public school teaching days and facing a new school year and a new round of students and parents. Or, as a pastor with the run on new things kicking off as we approach the fall months on the calendar. This year just feels a little more overwhelming than normal, for whatever normal is in my world.

Maybe it is being down a staff member and still in the midst of that search. Maybe it is being a first time varsity volleyball coach. Maybe it is that our car seems to keep having new problems with frightening regularity. Maybe it is having to minister in some extra areas for a while. Maybe it is the general feeling in the community that times are tough. Maybe it is the fact that I desperately need some vacation time. Maybe it is that my schedule has limited my time with my lovely wife in recent days. Maybe it is just me realizing how many candles will be on my cake at my next birthday.

Sorry for the melancholy rant, just needed to see the words in black and white (I guess they don't show up that way on blog, though do they?) I take great comfort in knowing that "God is still God" and that I am under his care.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Rob said...

I know how you feel...and even though we know that "God is still God", it doesn't make getting through this time in life any easier, does it?

All I can do is pray for you, my friend...but I can do that.

Keep swingin'!

PS: Fantasy Football draft is tomorrow night....but no draft I've been to can top the very first basketball one you and I were a part of...thinking of that still makes me smile...) Hope you make the playoffs!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Tim Morris said...

I love to rant. I am the king of it!
Rant on brother, it is good for the soul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home