Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Yesterday marked my 33rd wedding anniversary, amazingly it was my wife's 33rd as well. We celebrated it very quietly, there is a lot going on at the moment. But I know that I celebrate our marriage a lot more often than one day a year.

I am incredibly fortunate. I have a beautiful wife whom I love more than I can possibly express. I have been blessed with 33 years (and counting) of marriage to great lady. I married way above myself. I have 3 wonderful kids who love the Lord and are serving Him. I have 5 amazing grandkids who make me smile whenever I think of them. I have a great daughter-in-law and son-in-law. It is true, when it comes to family I am truly blessed. I was raised in a wonderful home by parents who loved me, each other and the Lord. I saw great examples of godly marriages in my parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts. Yes, I am incredibly fortunate.

My wife is awesome and is my partner in ministry as well as life. I sometimes secretly suspect that churches have liked my ministry more for her and her gifts than me and mine. But that is okay, we are partners.

Our life together has not been, is not now, perfect. But it is awesome. We are committed to the Lord and to each other. It doesn't get much better than that now does it?

Happy Anniversary honey, I love you.

2 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger Rob said...

congrats, my friend...and wishes for many more happy days..

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Tim Morris said...

I guess I'm a little behind. Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home