Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday Morning Musings...

Yesterday was a very emotional day for me. Some of it is confusing as to why, and some I understand. The part I understand (obviously I can't explain what I don't understand) is that last week was a long emotional week with coaching my group in our Mega Sports Camp, our 33rd Wedding Anniversary and traveling for a grandchild's birthday celebration. Also, recognizing that 16 kids made decisions to accept Christ as their personal Savior last week stirred up a lot of emotion. My emotions were right out front during worship yesterday, then the church gave my wife and I an anniversary card with a check in it. The check was much bigger than anniversary present I can ever remember and was totally unexpected. It came at an incredibly significant time financially.

Our worship band was missing two key people which presented some major adjustments. Our attendance was lower than I expected. Unlike reports I hear from all around the country our people are traveling more this summer than last year. There was a very spirit in the time of singing and especially during prayer. You could really sense the Holy Spirit and that people were being impacted during singing and prayer. That is awesome when that is the atmosphere during worship.

The message went well expect for my "oops" on the scripture (read previous post). Our second week of Mega Sports Camp began last night, this one was Cheerleading. We had 3 less than the first night of basketball, but it was a very young group. We are praying another great week, with more decisions for Christ and some good connections with unchurched parents.

I begin coaching volleyball at our local high school tonight. This is exciting, nerve wracking and tiring. The big challenge this year is that I will coaching the Varsity. Last year, my first ever in coaching volleyball, I coached the Junior Varsity and really enjoyed it. Last year's Varsity coach left after having her first child, which I had the privilege of dedicating this summer. My youngest daughter will be the Junior Varsity coach this year.

Here's hoping you find someone to encourage this week.

1 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Kin moved from AZ to MI to coach with you?! Did I miss something?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home