Monday, August 25, 2008

Why?

Why? That is such a powerful question and sometimes a statement. It always forces you to think when someone says it to you. Why? You have to ponder what their question, or statement, is directed toward. Why? Implies some type of misunderstanding or confusion. But it also can be a statement of awe. That is where the question has been for me the past couple of days, a statement of awe. As I have been studying and as we worshiped on Sunday I kept coming back to "Why?".

I came to a point in worship on Sunday that literally overwhelmed me. The words I was singing about God loving me, and never letting me go. I was moved in a powerful way and the statement/question was "Why?". Why does Jesus love me, why does he care and why do some people come to church regularly and then live for themselves?
Why?

I don't know all the answers and yet I know THE ANSWER. How humbling and awesome is that?

1 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger Rob said...

I don't know why, either...but I'm glad He does!

Good luck this week...I hope you can at least make it a respectable beating!! ;^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home