Thursday, March 06, 2008

They're gone ...

My daughter, son-in-law and youngest grandson have done it. They have completed their move to Arizona. My son-in-law has begun his new ministry as Minister of Worship and Arts, it is an exciting opportunity and I pray that God will move in special ways. They have some things still up in the air and the whole job thing, but they are there and there is a long way from here.

When each of my children were deciated to the Lord as infants part of that commitment was that I would pray for, and allow, them to follow God's will. They are all doing that for which I am extremely grateful. That has meant that we are not always able to be together and that we have not, and will not be in the future, able to always live close to each other.

It hasn't really hit me that they are in Arizona and probably won't until the next time I could go run d0wn to Indy and see them and realize they aren't there anymore. My wife is already checking out flights and prices to Arizona.

But this is really what I have prayed for from the day my daughter was born. That she, and her family, would listen to God's call and follow it. So this is actually a praise. But I must confess at this very moment it feels like something else.

My Dad's signature phrase during his 44 years of pastoral ministry was "God is still God". That is true and will continue to be true. So God, watch over them in a special way and continue to work in their lives.

1 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger kris said...

I love you dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home