Thursday, February 28, 2008

Who is really able?

A quote that it is attributed to T.D. Jakes from the recent C3 conference is "Had he not broken me I would not have known that he is able - I would have still thought that I was able." Wow, what a statement!

I love the sentiment, but in complete transparency I cringe at the potential impact of it on my life. Am I really willing to be broken in that way? If I could just see ahead of time how this brokenness would look and how it would feel. If I could just see ahead of time the potential on the other side of that brokenness. But alas, that doesn't seem to be how it works, at least not for me. As I understand for me, I need to be willing, be broken and then I will know. You see it is about trust and surrender because of that trust.

I want that intellectually, but sometimes I hesitate, sometimes I pull back and still try to do it myself. Wow, I don't like that about myself.

How about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home