Saturday, February 23, 2008

Absence Makes ...

This is the 3rd weekend in a row that my wife and I have been apart. Two weeks ago she went west with a friend for a nice getaway. Last weekend I was golfing in Florida with friends (see previous post). This weekend she is babysitting 4 of our grandkids while our son and daughter-in-law are at a seminar. All of these weekends were good things individually, but together they have resulted in 9 nights apart in 17 days.

These absences have definitely made my heart grow fonder for my bride of 32 1/2 years. We are not joined at the hip and we are not completely dependent on each other. However, we do not like being apart so much in a such a short period of time.

I believe we need to find a way to get away together sometime in the very near future. So in my case the old adage is certainly true, "Absence makes my heart grow fonder".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home