Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Warm Wheelchair ...

That is what I expect to be in by Saturday, or maybe even Friday, evening. I am scheduled to fly to Orlando early Thursday morning. That explains the warm part. The wheelchair comes in because I am scheduled to play 90 holes of golf from Thursday afternoon through Saturday afternoon and then fly home Saturday night. I haven't swung a golf club since last September. I am going with my son and long time friend and his son. I am having nightmares of needing a wheelchair when attempting to get off the plane on Saturday night. Not to mention how I am going to then drive 2 hours home, get up early Sunday morning when I will teach a Sunday School class, and then preach in both the morning and evening services.

I realize that for all of you who are stuck in this below zero wind chill area with blowing snow are not about to express any sympathy to me. (I hope my golf shots go on for as long as that sentence seemed to, go on that is.) In fact my nightmares include people telling me that it is what I deserve for bailing out during winter and attempting to play like I am still a young buck. Another of my nightmares is that I will golf my usual game which could be quite embarassing on such nice courses. Prompting people to ask why I came all the way to Florida to play that poorly. To which my reply (in between groans) will be that it was below zero wind chill when I left home. To which I assume they will say ooohhhh, or something clever like that. To which, is it my imagination or are there a lot "to whiches" in this post.

So if I don't post again until next week you will now know why and can either pray that I don't end up in a wheelchair, or that if I do it is a cold one. The direction of your prayer will be greatly influenced by the weather wherever you are currently residing.

Here's to warmth, sunshine and avoiding wheelchairs.

2 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger kris said...

Dad if you're sore practice the slow shuffle. It'll get you funny looks, but it works!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Kindra said...

One word....bengay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home