Friday, February 08, 2008

Where is your picture?

We have pictures of our children and grandchildren displayed in many places in our home. We have pictures of our wedding up to remind people that we used to be much younger. We have several pictures on our refrigerator of children from our church and past churches to remind us of past and future. All of these pictures have some things in common. They are of people we care about, pray for and look forward to seeing again.

That got me to thinking about those who I loved who have already gone on to heaven. I just started to wonder, what pictures do they have on their walls or refrigerators? I know, they not even likely to have these items in heaven, but stick with my thought for a bit. (A "bit" if you are not aware is for however long it takes you to read the rest of this post.) The reason I ask that is because of the last reason I have most people's pictures around, that I am looking forward to seeing them again.

Do those who have gone to heaven have my picture up because they believe they will see me again? Meaning that they expect me to remain faithful and join them in heaven. Is your picture on anyone's wall in heaven? Are you living in such a way that it would be expected that you are welcomed at the end of your days by hearing, "well done, good and faithful servant"? Can those who have gone ahead anticipate you joining them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home