Thursday, February 07, 2008

How many would show up?

I was a pall bearer at a funeral today. The man was a fellow member of Kiwanis Club. He was oldest member and was a really neat guy. He was most likely the proudest Kiwanis member as well. His wife died about 7 months ago and he has just not done well since then. He was an incredibly patriotic man and was proud of his time in military service. He loved to tell stories and had a lot of them. It was a real honor to be a pall bearer for him.

One of the things that was told during the service was that he used to drive by the funeral home during nearly every funeral, of the ones that he didn't attend that is, just see how many people showed up. It was noted that he would have been pleased with the turnout. It got me to thinking, how many would show up for my funeral?

Have you ever wondered about that? I can't be the only one, can I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home