Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday Morning Musings ...

God is good all the time, all the time God is good. That is a statement of yesterday and of all of last week. I will post later about last week and our trip to San Diego. Yesterday had many highlights and rough spots. There was a very good spirit in our worship times. There was a good sense of anticipation and I think I even felt a bit of excitement as we were about to begin our worship experience. Those are great signs and something that I have been long to see and feel ever sense I arrived here. My Associate put together a very good video announcement about our upcoming Variety Show, it was fun, high energy and high quality. Our time of singing went well and my wife really ministered with a special in song. There was a real sense of God's presence during our prayer time. All of that makes it a lot easier to get up and preach. People seemed to be really engaged with the message and there were several responses at the end.

Our attendance was 50 above the same Sunday last year. We had visitors, we had repeat visitors and we a great time of people really interacting following the time of worship.

The difficult spots had more to do with an ongoing struggle with not having enough people willing to serve in needed ministry spots. I really need to make this a matter of much prayer, not just casual, but persistent and passionate.

Even our time together in the evening service went well, with good interaction and attendance.

Here's hoping you sense God's presence and pleasure this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home