Monday, December 17, 2007

Monday Morning Musings ...

This monday morning it is difficult to give much a review of Sunday's services, because we didn't have any. A storm came through Saturday evening and Sunday morning and shut most everything down. So for only the 3rd time in my over 24 years of pastoral ministry I cancelled a Sunday morning service. It is only fair to say that the first time I did it was illegal for anyone to be on the road unless you were a law enforcement or emergency vehicle. This one wasn't that bad, but it was bad enough. The worst part was calling off our evening service, because it was to have been our Adult Christmas Musical. We had nearly 300 tickets taken for the event. We have rescheduled it for this Friday night, but the chances of the the big crowd is unlikely now. The crowd part is important because of who our people were inviting. Many of those tickets were the hands of people who don't know Jesus as their Savior.

So we are praying for many of them to still be able to make it this Friday and for those who couldn't have come last night to now come, we have already had a call for a couple of tickets now that it is this Friday.

I was literally in tears and sick to my stomach when I made the call to cancel the services. I hate to cancel, and usually operate that if I can get to the church we will have church for whoever else can get here safely. But even people who plow out our parking lot said that it was really bad all around us.

Someone was kind enough to snow blow out about 2/3 of my driveway. That was much appreciated. I shoveled the other third. It was good exercise and helped me to work off some energy, remember I didn't get to preach yesterday. There was about 10 inches of snow in my driveway and it didn't finish coming down until sometime after noon. I got to take a nap yesterday and because I wasn't all keyed up at the end of the day I was asleep a couple of hours earlier than normal.

So did you have any stories from the snow in your area? Here's hoping that you have a great week.

P.S. In answer to the question of did I learn anything from yesterday's experience? Yes, I need a new snow shovel with a longer handle and I love whoever it was that cleared most of my driveway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home