Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday Morning Musings...

Yesterday was a very encouraging day. Our time of singing during worship was uplifting and moving. Our special in song was outstanding. My message was below par, I woke up at 3:30 this morning going over it in mind. I had the privilege of dedicating a child to the Lord during our worship. I love dedicating children, the joy on the congregation's faces as they watch is great. The nerves and pride all mixed together in the parents as they stand up front. The chance to remind all parents that our children are gifts from God that we have given, we are the stewards of these precious gifts. To challenge parents to live a life in front of their children that will lead them to a personal saving knowlege of Christ. Our attendance was the second highest of the year, on the Sunday after Thanksgiving! People hung around and talked for a really long time and I saw many people talking with visitors and newer people.

Then Sunday evening we did our annual time of decorating the church for the Christmas season. We had a lot of people here, they were working, they were talking, they were laughing and they were enjoying the time. The place looks really good. We have been cleaning the building up, repainting a lot of our children's areas. We have some really talented people. The kids have been really pumped about the new looks.

Yesterday was a great finish to a good weekend. Time with family over Thanksgiving was fun as always. There was a lot of food, there were a lot of games, there was great conversation and the joy of seeing that my kids all love the Lord and are serving Him.

Here's hoping you are thankful and looking forward to sharing the light of Christmas with those you work with, live with, live near, go to school with and in general whoever you meet.

2 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger kris said...

I am excited to see the decorations at the church and all of the projects!
I thought of your this weekend when my tree fell down-just like old times!

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Don't you "Dude" me....I know you watched that clip and you'll be humming it all day!!

Glad to see the church is growing not only in numbers, but in Him, which is way more exciting to me.

Keep it up!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home