Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Lower level

My good friend Rob had a link on his blog so that you could submit your blogs to some group that evaluates what you have written and grade the intellect level needed to read your blog. So being the brave soul that I am I submitted my blog for evaluation. The result was that my blog is at the "elementary school level".

Now that is not as bad as it sounds, at least not to me. First, I have always strived to make sure that in my preaching I speak on a level that even grade schoolers would understand. My rationale is that if even a grade schooler can follow the message then it really can be understood by all who listen. I have even been known to ask some elementary children to listen to a sermon and take notes, if I use any word that they do not understand and if I fail to then explain that word, I pay them a set amount for each word. That keeps me on my toes, it gets them to listen carefully and hopefully leads me to preach messages that are understandable. Second, I want the messages to be able to be applied in people's lives. If they are not understood then how can they be applied?

So I am not offended at the grade my blog received, in fact I consider it a compliment. Besides I really can't write above my own level, now can I?

3 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Suddenly, I feel so smart....HA!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Kindra said...

I don't want to submit mine...yikes!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger nic said...

mine is elem too, so you're in good company...well, assuming you consider me good company. let's just say you're not alone. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home