Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday Morning Musings ...

I just realized that have not posted since last Monday morning, sorry about that, or did you even notice? Last week was very busy and this week may be busier, but that is life, at least my life. Yesterday was a day of things going wrong and very well at the same time. We had technical glitches, we had key people missing (3 Sunday School teachers and a couple of our musicians), worship started late, we had some cell phone issues during worship, to name a few. In the midst of all this we had 4 brand new people in attendance and significant connections made with them, we still had more attend than we had last year and the spirit in the service was still positive.

Sunday evenings we have youth small groups, special kids ministry and an adult time of worship and study. The study right now is called "Conflict Theology", I blogged about this concept a while back. It has been interesting to see a few more people showing up during this study and some who have been absent during the same study. It has been very challenging for me in putting the study together.

I continue to be baffled by how many people can continue to attend a church somewhat regularly and do nothing, or little, in serving in some way. Even more baffling is to hear some of those people express concern over how some people are too busy, or doing too many things, at the church. They are correct that some are doing too much, but seem oblivious to the fact that their lack of service has help contribute to the overwork of others.

My sermon yesterday morning was on "Following Jesus". Using Matthew 16:24 as the key verse, read it and see what following Jesus really means.

2 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Trying weeks like that really make you appreciate the good ones now, don't they?

Hope this week is better, my friend....and don't forget, I'm praying for you!

Keep Swingin'!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Rob said...

LOL on your John Calvin comment on my blog....that's good!

(I think I may steal it!)

Have a great day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home