Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday Morning Musings ...

Thoughts from yesterday:
...My wife is awesome. She helped in the new toddler nursery. Directed a youth girls ensemble. Led the first practice for our Christmas musical. Helped lead a Sunday evening children's ministry and looked fabulous as usual.
...We are having several new people get involved in ministry. That is awesome, exciting and humbling.
...The teen girls sounded great and really ministered while singing.
...We had a lot regular attenders gone yesterday.
...We were basically at our attendance average even with some many regulars gone.
...We are really blessed with some wonderful musicians. I am not sure that our people realize how fortunate we are to have some many gifted musicians. Especially considering how dedicated they are to the ministry.
...For Pastor Appreciation, our church gave us some gift cards for gas, a night at a Bed and Breakfast and $100 cash to use on the overnight. This plus some cards from individuals, some who gave other special gifts. Being shown appreciation in any form is always uplifting. It came at a very good time. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
...There are some really exciting things taking place in many people's lives and spiritual walk in our church.
...The Lord is really opening some doors for witness in our community.
...I am tired.
...How cold is it going to be in the World Series in Colorado and Boston?
...My wife and I got to see all of our grandkids on Friday. It made for a long day, but it was well worth it. My grandkids are awesome. Oh yeah, we also got to see their parents as well. (That one is for Kin.)
...Gotta go, have a great week.

1 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Kindra said...

Thanks! Glad I got a mention in there amongst all the grandkids. And yay for a note about the World Series...this one's tough for me though, I found myself transitioning into a Sox fan the past 2 weeks or so but the Rockies are the comeback team & I love rooting for the underdog. Ummm...GO SOX!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home