Friday, October 12, 2007

Random Thoughts ..

...Parents are rarely objective about their own kids, especially when the kids are playing sports.
...My grandkids make me smile. They make me smile when I see, when I see pictures of them, when I hear their voices and literally at the mere mention of their names.
...It have been too long since I have seen my grandkids. My wife has seen them all 2 or 3 times since I have been able to be with them
...It is great when an opposing coach compliments my team for their improvement and how they are playing, but I would rather hear those comments after we beat them.
...Commitment is not what it used to be, or more accurately what passes for commitment today is not what it used to be. Boy that thought make me sound really old.
...Fall weather has finally arrived and it actually feels good after October temps in the 90's.
...I am looking forward to the fall colors bursting onto the scene.
...How are the New Orleans Saints 0-4 and the Green Bay Packers4-1? (Hey I said these were random thoughts)
...I love the ability of 9th and 10th grade girls to shake off a loss or bad game and still enjoy their life.
...What is it about babies that just changes the atmosphere in a room when they are carried in?
...I love good barbecue.
...My wife was able to go take care of grandkids this week so our son and daughter-in-law could go to a pastor and spouse retreat. I really missed her, but am so glad that we are near enough to be able to help in this way. Of course she took the extra time to go see our other grandchild while she was in the area. Oh, and she saw our daughter and son-in-law as well.
...Will the Colts and Patriots still be undefeated when they play each other?
...I think we sometimes schedule too many things at church.
...Do you know any of your neighbors by name?
...I am going to take my wife out for breakfast and spend some quality time together. This is going to be a great day!

2 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Denny,

Just wanted to let you know something:

Kris borrowed my Ipod this morning on the beach and decided to listen to your latest sermon on "Attitude" that I got from your website. It really impacted her and stepped on her toes in a good way...even to the point of having her truly prayerfully consider an area of service in church out of her comfort zone. She also said she misses you and the way that you take the Bible and make it relevant and personal to everyday life. Just thought you'd want to know that though it's been a while since you've left Wakarusa, you still have an impact for the Kingdom here.

Thanks, my friend, and keep swingin'...

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Kindra said...

I like how you say "oh & she saw my daughter & son-in-law too"...as an afterthought! When mom got here, she didn't even hug me, she just went right past me for the cute baby on the floor! To make it worse, when she left she gave Brandt hugs & kisses & said "bye guys" to us. Then before she went out the door, she turned around & I thought, alright she's finally going to give me a hug...but noooooo, she goes to SETH & hugs him THEN comes to me. I'm in THIRD :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home