Monday, October 08, 2007

Monday Morning Musings ...

Yesterday was a bittersweet day. The bitter was saying goodbye to a wonderful couple who are moving to Florida. They have been such encouragers to many people, to our children, to our youth, to the college students and to adults of all ages. We had a very emotional time praying for them around the altar and we wish them well, but they are really going to be missed. As pastor I am wondering who will step up and fill the many areas in which they have been serving. The sweet, was a good spirit in both morning and evening services. There was good attendance in the morning service and we are seeing some new families become established and getting involved in the church. We are seeing some children beginning to attend on Sunday mornings who previously came just on Wednesday nights during our children's outreach.

Yesterday's Sunday morning sermon was entitled "Attitude Check". Looking at Philippians 2 and the challenge to have a Christlike attitude. I loved the honesty of one person who came to me after the service and thanked me for the message and added, "It has been no secret that my attitude sucked this week." Honest and listening, it doesn't get a lot better than that for a Pastor. In the evening I have begun a new study entitled "Conflict Theology". That may sound familiar because I posted about needing to come up with conflict theology. Well I decided now is the time, not because I have figured it out but rather I want to figure it out and the pressure of announcing a series on the subject will force my hand. Also, this is an interactive study. Those attending are giving me feedback during the study and we are discovering together.

God is still God and he is still good all the time. Here's hoping that you will choose a Christlike attitude this week, especially at home, at work, at school and in your community. Here's hoping that you take some time to appreciate those around you who are serving others. Here's hoping that will recognize that God has plans for you and that you have a great future full of hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home