Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday Morning Musings ...

God is good all the time, all the time God is good. I was reminded of this yesterday. We had another very good day of worship (no thanks to my message). The spirit was good again as we worshipped. We celebrated communion as a part of the morning worship. There was a great spirit of awe and joy as we shared the elements of communion. It seems that many of our people are beginning to really express themselves as we sing during worship. I don't mean anything crazy, just that people are beginning to feel free to raise hands whenever the feel led to do that, to stand when they feel like it even if everyone else is sitting, to sit when they feel like having a private moment even if everyone else is standing and to come to the altar and pray even if that has not been mentioned from the leader. That is a huge turn toward authentic worship.

We had good attendance again and I am encouraged by how our people seem to be moving toward new people after worship services. We still have a ways to go, in my opinion, to really be connecting with new people after their first couple of Sundays but we are making progress. I am encouraged by the fact that it is becoming more the norm to have new people on a Sunday and a surprise when we don't.

Because we had a community Thanksgiving service Sunday evening, and I was not in charge of it, I got to take a short nap Sunday afternoon. I really enjoyed that, it had been a while since I felt like I had the time.

I am looking forward to being with some of our family this week as we celebrate Thanksgiving. Maybe ti is because I am getting older (insert your own joke here), or maybe it is because we have had a few scares physically in our family recently, but I am really focusing on what I have to be thankful for this year.

Here's hoping you have a meaningful Thanksgving.

1 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Kindra said...

Please tell me that you're not making grandmas rolls this week! That will give me cause to mope about even more! I toyed with the idea of attempting them myself so I wouldn't miss out on the goodness but I think it's a task I'm just not ready for! Eat 1 for me....or 2 or 5 or 10 :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home