Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What are you looking for?

We have had some computer problems recently. It is very frustrating because we depend on it so much. When you go to use it and things don't go well it tends to raise your blood pressure. Anyway, that led to some reconfiguring and updating of programs etc... During that process we had to look at our history of use on the computer to determine if certain things were needed or not and also how to recover some items.

That led me to think about the things I have searched for on the computer. Which in turn prompted me to think about what I am searching for in life. If I could pull down a screen to see what I have been thinking of, looking for and doing in my life, what would I see? As I have thought of this, I am coming to realize that it would not be what I would desire it to be. Which leads to the question of why?

I am still wrestling with that question. Some of the reasons I have come up with have to do with distractions and lack of discipline. Neither of which makes me look good, but it honest. What I am looking for will greatly determine what I do with my time and thoughts.

For me, I can be easily distracted, when I want to be. I have come to realize that many things I claim as distractions are only distractions because at that time I don't want to focus on what I should be doing. Don't get me wrong, I have times where I cannot avoid a distraction or interruption, but often it is more of an excuse than a real reason that I failed to get something done. This leads to my lack of discipline. If I would plan better (I will never become a live by the list type of person) and do what I know is most important first it would solve a lot of problems.

I really want to get better at this, but I have a lot of bad habits to overcome in the area of focus, sticking with a project and just getting things done. I have been processing this long enough, it is time to begin improving in this area. I can begin with changing some of what I am looking for, instead of looking for a distraction to pull me away from something and work on sticking with a project and doing a much better job on follow through.

So what have you been looking for lately? Here's to us looking for the right things and doing them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home