Monday, January 15, 2007

Monday Morning Musings ...

The forecasters kept telling us how bad our weather was going to be beginning Saturday night through Monday morning, the result almost nothing. We had rain that caused ice on trees and some power lines. The streets and sidewalks were just wet, no ice or snow. Our winter has been so mild that the weather people are looking for anything talk about and this weekend they talked, maybe all their hot air caused the storm to change around us.

We enjoyed a very good day on Sunday. Our time of worship though singing was good, our prayer time was meaningful, the sermon went well and there were people at the altar. I began a new series entitled "Shedding the Excess", with Hebrews 12:1-3 as the foundation. We will examine spiritual, physical and relational items that we need to shed and where we need to add things to live the life that God has laid out for us. As for the physical I revealed my weight and waist size (240 and 42 inches) to the congregation and I will reveal the progress to them each week. I invited anyone else who knew they needed to shed some pounds to post it on a bulletin board. I told them that they did not need to put their beginning weight, just their progress. Amazingly 15 other people signed up and 10 of them posted their weight. One of them wrote NOYB instead of their weight, it stands for "none of your business" in case you didn't know. Several people spoke with me throughout the day and commented on how they really need this series of messages, and they were speaking of much more than just the physical.

I am really pumped up about this series and have been wrestling with it for several weeks. The most exciting event was Sunday evening. We had an outstanding time together on Sunday evening. We had some great singing and then a time of moving testimonies, some more very meaningful singing and a good time of prayer. Then I continued our study on "What we believe". We do Sunday evenings around tables and usually we have times of discussion around the tables as a part of the message.

Yea God!!! For the day we enjoyed yesterday. I posted several weeks ago that I sensed "God is up to something around here". I am believing that we are on the front wave of whatever that is and I can't wait to see and experience all that entails.

Here's hoping that you see and sense God moving in your midst this week wherever you are. Now where did I put those stupid rice cakes?

2 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, my brother!!

Great to see God working....I'm excited for you and looking forward to hearing your series as I download it from the web! I'm pushing hard for WMC to join the 21st century and offer this as well....

Keep swingin!!!

Rob

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger kris said...

It sounds great dad! Note-the key to enjoying rice cakes is the get the carmel or chocolate flavors!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home