Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Do I really? ...

I have been asking myself that question as I have been studying for some wednesday night lessons on prayer for revival. Do I really pray? I pray, everyday and I pray for special needs and meals etc... But do I really pray? As in, I am desperate for what I am praying. As in, I am willing to make sacrifices to see these prayers answered. As in, I can't get away from praying for a particular need. Do I really pray like that? Unfortunately the answer keeps coming back, NO!

I don't like that answer. But it is the pitiful truth. Wow, I don't want that to true of me. I have a desire to be a true prayer warrior. But to be real honest I am more like a prayer reservist. You know there is the full-time military and then there are the reservists. The reservists fight for a while when things get desperate, but the full time solidiers are there everyday. I want to be there everyday, not just in the emergency. (This is not a slight at all to the brave men and women who are in the military reserves. Many of whom have given their lives recently while fighting for our country. I am just using it as an illustration.)

I don't want to just an emergency prayer. I don't want to just be a "pastoral prayer". You know, the pastor prays before surgeries, at funerals, before every potluck, every Sunday morning, etc... I want to be a prayer warrior. I am the only one who controls that, I make that decision.

Here's to moving into full-time service in the battle of prayer. Anyone want to join me?

1 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Preach it, my brother....and by the way, get off my toes.....Ouch!!!!! I know exactly what you're saying, and I applaud your courage to be honest. I will try to be a full time prayer warrior, too. You're right, it's too easy to be a foxhole prayer...but it's not what we're called to be. Thanks for reminding me of that, my friend...

Keep swingin', my brother..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home