Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Morning Musings ...

Yesterday was a busy and wonderful day. The opportunity to share in the Baccalaureate service of our local High School was humbling and encouraging. Watching the graduation and seeing so many students that I have gotten to know in the past 3 years was fun. I was encouraged by how many of the students I know personally and several others that I at least know who they are, since I have been in the community just under 3 years. Seeing the joy, and fear on the faces of the parents is always an intriguing study in human nature to me.

Worship was very good this morning. There was an outstanding spirit in the service. The congregation seemed to really get into participating in the music and prayer times. They seemed to be paying close attention during the sermon as well. We honored our High School graduates and my Associate Pastor did an excellent job of sharing and praying a blessing over the graduates with family gathered around. My wife again shared in the message as we did week 2 of a 6 part series on relationships entitled "Yes You Can...Have Healthy Relationships". This week focused on being a leader in our relationships, not just following whoever, whenever and wherever. But rather following, and being a, good example in relationships. Have the right attitude, of caring and setting aside our personal desires for the good of the relationship without compromising what we know is right.

The attendance was outstanding again this Sunday. The first 3 Sundays of this month have been strong in worship attendance. Two weeks in a row someone who was visiting family and is familiar with our church commented to me about how attendance is growing. It is nice to see it and to hear that it is being noticed. It is not dramatic, at least not by my standards, but it is moving in the right direction. The spiritual atmosphere and growth in relationship is the most important thing, but if that is happening then we should be attracting more people to Christ and that is beginning to happen.

Last night we had our first of 4 weeks of small groups focusing on our series about relationships. The group that I was a part of was very good and really encouraged me. The reports from the other groups has been good and the attendance was very good. I am looking forward to the next few weeks of this series.

Here's hoping you are being a good example for someone and that you have someone you can look to as a good example in relationships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home