Thursday, August 09, 2007

Happy Anniversary!!!

Today is my 32nd wedding anniversary, and coincidently it is my wife's 32nd anniversary as well. I can remember sitting in our 10x50 (or 60 can't remember for sure, hey it was 32 years ago) trailer, in "Trailerville" at Olivet Nazarene University and talking about the 10 year mark. We were excited to be married, and excited to start that run toward 10 years which seemed like such a long time. Now we are past that one 3 times over and our son and daughter-in-law have already celebrated their 10th anniversary. You can look at these facts and conclude that we are getting old and we have been married a long time. Or, you can recognize that we are getting older and have been married a long while and are more in love today than we were in the beginning. How cool is that?

I had a great example watching my parents and grandparents. I was taught by action that marriage is great and should continue to get more exciting. When I would come home to visit after getting married I noticed that there were more cards and flowers around the house that they had given to each other than when I was living at home. What a great legacy.

So here's to my bride of 32 years. I love you. I love you more today than I did on that Saturday in Michigan when I said "I do". I love you more because I know you better and we have lived life together for these 32 years. I love you more because we have gone through some difficult times and some incredibly exciting times and we are still together by choice. I love you and that is as good as I can say it.

1 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Congrats, my friend!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home